By Valer Pop, Henk Jan Bergveld, Dmitry Danilov, Paul P. L. Regtien, Peter H. L. Notten
This publication describes the sphere of State-of-Charge (SoC) indication for rechargeable batteries. an outline of the state of the art of SoC indication equipment together with to be had industry suggestions from prime semiconductor businesses is equipped. All disciplines are lined, from electric, chemical, mathematical and size engineering to realizing battery habit. This booklet will for this reason is for individuals in engineering and all in favour of battery administration.
Read or Download Battery Management Systems Accurate State-of-Charge Indication for Battery-Powered Applications PDF
Similar measurements books
Microscale Diagnostic ideas highlights the main cutting edge and strong advancements in microscale diagnostics. It offers a source for scientists and researchers drawn to studying concerning the thoughts themselves, together with their features and obstacles.
This moment version is a completely revised, up-to-date and elevated model of a vintage textual content, with plenty of new fabric on digital sign production, amplification and shaping. It’s nonetheless a radical common advent, too, to the speculation and operation of flow chambers. the themes mentioned contain the fundamentals of fuel ionization, digital go with the flow and sign construction and speak about extensive the basic limits of accuracy and the difficulty of particle identity.
A vast category of accelerators rests at the induction precept wherein the accelerating electric fields are generated by way of time-varying magnetic fluxes. relatively compatible for the delivery of vivid and high-intensity beams of electrons, protons or heavy ions in any geometry (linear or round) the learn and improvement of induction accelerators is a thriving subfield of accelerator physics.
- Sensors and Transducers: Characteristics, Applications, Instrumentation, Interfacing
- Field Measurements in Geomechanics: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium, Oslo, Norway, 23-26 September 2003
- Practical Temperature Measurement
- Principles of measurement systems
- Measures and Probabilities
- Parametric x ray radiation in crystals theory experiments and applications
Additional info for Battery Management Systems Accurate State-of-Charge Indication for Battery-Powered Applications
The paper demonstrates the use of artificial neural networks for characterising the discharge patterns for Li-ion batteries under pulsed loads typical of those required by the mobile telecommunications system. In  SoC and SoH prediction based on fuzzy logic modelling is demonstrated for two battery systems, lithium–sulphur dioxide and NiMH. The method involves using fuzzy logic mathematics to analyse data obtained by impedance spectroscopy and/or Coulomb counting techniques. Data may be categorised by ‘crisp’ or ‘fuzzy’ sets.
15. Membership function for temperature. Fig. 15 shows an example of three subsets, defined by their membership functions, ‘cold’, ‘warm’ and ‘hot’, of the ‘universe of discourse’ ‘temperature’ set. Using the above method for a limited data set the maximum error between the measured SoC and the model-predicted SoC obtained for lithium–sulphur dioxide cells was found to be +/– 5%. 4 Summary A number of possible methods for SoC determination have been presented in this section. They were followed by descriptions of three of the best-known adaptive methods, which have as inputs measured battery variables such as voltage, impedance and current, and use these variables in order to accurately predict the SoC and the remaining time of use for an application.
In the system developed by Muramatsu in 1985 the relationships between the battery impedance at different frequencies (defined as impedance spectroscopy), remaining capacity and SoH are used to detect a battery’s SoC and SoH . Predetermined values based on this relationship are stored in look-up tables and used to determine the battery’s SoC and SoH. Look-up tables are tables in which fixed values of measured parameters, such as voltage, current, impedance and temperature, can be stored and used in order to indicate the SoC.
Battery Management Systems Accurate State-of-Charge Indication for Battery-Powered Applications by Valer Pop, Henk Jan Bergveld, Dmitry Danilov, Paul P. L. Regtien, Peter H. L. Notten